Rainmaking Loft, Copenhagen
16-17-(18) March, 2018
More than 1 billion people worldwide live without any form of ID. Moreover, more than 2 billion people are unbanked or underbanked. This is standing in the way of financial inclusion. It’s a costly societal affair, as it blocks people’s access to the labour market. In fact, it is such a pressing issue that the UN Sustainable Development Goals directly address this in goal 16.9:
All humans should be provided legal identity by 2030.
On the other end of the spectrum, there is an opposite pressing issue – a lot of people are drowning in an endless line of digital accounts and logins. Most advanced economies today also has a publicly managed identity system corresponding with social security numbers or equivalent. But these systems usually don’t speak well with each other, much less across boarders. There is a need to get down to the fundamentals, so that we’ll not just reach the UN SDG 16.9, but also have systems that integrate with the future: biometry, such as face recognition, deep learning, and cloud-based systems.
An effective digital identity system requires two main processes to seamlessly function and interact.
We distinguish these two aspects as ‘Identification’ being the verification and authentication aspect, and ‘Authorization’ being the access and interaction with the system.
We will address both these aspects in this upcoming TechSprint.
– Two tracks to address –
Track questions just serve as examples
How might we design a system that can verify a user in real time, before authentication or online transaction? How do we make such a system compliant with the latest of privacy regulations? And could we possibly design a system that allows for seamless convergence of identities?
With the surge in numbers of sensors and systems, how will this affect our everyday lives? Can we integrate new solutions to safely and smoothly work from home, or anywhere we please? How do we ensure that we don’t drown in an endless number of digital identities?
YOU MIGHT BE…
or SOMETHING ELSE COMPLETELY
What’s most important is not your tag or label
What is, is you’re open and able
Each team member gets:
– A gene sequencing kit
– RFID- secure travel wallets
Each team member gets:
– Season Tickets to SMK
– Season Tickets to Tivoli
– Full pass to Distortion 2018
17:30 – Arrival at Rainmaking Loft
- You are welcomed at the loft. Grab your name tag, a coffee or Faxe Kondi and follow us to the pitch surprise.
17:45 – 18:30 – Pitch Surprise + Industry intro
- Ready for a surprise?
First we will receive a brief industry intro by ISS and Smart Payments. Next everyone will get 1 minute to present an idea. Everyone vote up the 10 (ish) best ideas.
18:30 – 19:00 – Team formation
- Back on third flood of Rainmaking Loft we set up team formation market place, where all the selected ideas and idea owners engage with and ensemble their stellar teams for the following 24 hours.
19:00 – 19:45 – Dinner
- We convene in the next room where a delicious meal will be served. Brains need fuel.
19:45 – 20:00 – Practical information
- During dinner we will receive the last bits of practical information before the nightly activities kick off.
20:00 – 23:00 – Work
- Teams work. On what? That’s up to you!
23:00 – 23:30 – Yoga
- Our professional yoga instructor will take us through a series of energizing stretches. Mind and matter needs to be in balance.
23:30 – 02:00 – Work
- This is where winners are made.
02:00 – 03:00 – Ping pong
- Wanna push sleep another hour? Join us for a light sweat.
07:00 – 09:00 – Breakfast
- We kick off day 2 with a balanced meal.
09:00 – 10:00 – Workshop
- Knowledge is power. Want knowledge on how to communicate your value proposition? Come to Daniel. Want to see how you can create a clickable prototype in 10 minutes? Preely’s (https://preely.com/en) got you covered. We aim to bring in speakers who will share content that’s applicable to the development of ideas in a short time-frame.
10:00 – 12:00 – Experts work with teams
- Experts from ISS and Smart Payments will book time with your team if they believe they have something valuable to add. You are of course free to reach out to any of them – they might have just the piece of knowledge to complete your puzzle.
12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch
- More fuel!!
13:00 – 16:30 – Work
- Last part of the sprint.
16:30 – 17:30 – Tech Check
- This part is boring, we know. But what’s really funny is when you’ve spent 24 hours preparing a wonderful pitch and then suddenly the powerpoint doesn’t work. Ha-ha. Hence we do a mandatory tech check.
17:30 – 19:00 – Final Pitches
- Show-time – better bring your biggest smile!
19:00 – 20:00 – Dinner and Celebrations
- By now you should be hungry for food and admiration. First we satisfy the former.
19:30 – 19:45 – Winner announcement
- It’s time. Who shall join us for a Sunday with executive round table discussions?
The Sunday program is only available for members of the two winning teams, selected Saturday night. The purpose of the Winner’s Brunch is to establish a solid connection between the best ideas and the TechSprint partners. This might just be the start of a flourishing adventure.
11:00 – 11:15 – Welcome and introduction
- We welcome the two winning teams back to the Loft, and have a quick round of introduction, so everyone knows everyone.
11:15 – 12:00 – Chilled out brunch
- We proceed with a laid-back brunch for champions. No stress – take your time to reconnect with Sprintmates, or befriend some of the few new faces.
12:00 – 13:00 – Roundtables
- We’ll set up two roundtables, one for each ISS and Smart Payments. Each team gets 30 minutes to engage in dialogue with each. We keep it chill, the competition is over.
13:00 – 13:30 – Round off and goodbyes
- When the rounds are over, we briefly reconnect and bid our farewells. Already looking forward to the next TechSprint.
TechSprint is a platform for powerful ideas
TechSprint is a platform for development and change
TechSprint is about discovering the future
This is where companies open their minds and hearts for the odd approach
This is where keen talent can collaborate with peers and experts
This is where grit is discovered and energy created
We’re expecting a lot, we know.
But so should you!
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
YOU’LL MAKE NEW FRIENDS, GUARANTEED
YOU’LL LEAVE WITH MORE ENERGY THAN YOU CAME WITH
… AND POSSIBLY MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN YOU NEED
DAYS TO THIS TECHSPRINT